Sunday, December 17, 2006

Birthday parties and traveling

Saturday was a very busy day for our family. Early morning moms choir practice followed by Little One’s choir practice. Then we jetted out to Anniston, Alabama for a birthday celebration. Then a return trip bogged down in I-85 Construction. Thankfully I live in the GPS age and we took the first exit and was quickly back on our way home at a good speed.

Saturday was also a good day geocaching. I was able to introduce 2 more people to the activity. Jason (Tater66) was the first –He’s our youth pastor. He and I went to pick up a few quick ones near the church while Little One was practicing. The second being my wife’s cousin David (Yell4Bama). While the family was socializing at the birthday part, I took him to a nearby park for some quick finds. I was sure to tout the greatness of Garmin.

I also got a few quick finds along the way to and from Anniston by using the Google Earth® function of routing. The first was outside a gas station along I-85 in Alabama. The second was at the Georgia rest area on the way home. Using the light function of the cellphone - was an easy find.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and see you along the trail.

No comments: