Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Short mid-week update

Tuesday’s home game was NOT raided by the mean ole coppers.
And the hero (yours truly) left ahead.

Two different poker blogs I read had inserts today about a
Bowflex being a new item in their home. Are poker
players fat and out of shape or are they the type
to stay in shape? If it’s the latter, then I have to find
another hobby. I don’t do exercise.

Little One was chosen to be in the “gifted” program at school.
I guess she gets those genes from mommy. Miss Valedictorian.

*********
This section removed due to I would like to continue to
receive a paycheck......
*********

What makes matter worse is that corporate management continues to
create bonus structures that encourage and support these types of
management decisions. It encourages them to inter-fight
among the departments for bonus whoring. We, in the end, do not work
as a team – we just work to increase our own bonuses –
crap on the next guy to get our side clean and lean.

I gotta take a walk!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Welcome to the club.

I face a similar problem at my job. I just do what I can do and let the rest of them fend for themselves. If anyone else wants to know what's going on and has the time to listen to me explain it to them, I'll entertain them until the ask me to stop. In the meantime, there isn't much sense in me getting all bent out of shape about it.

I know such words don't make your job easier, but if you can't change it, accept it for what it is or move on. Sorry buddy. :(

Kate said...

my brother is a huge poker player. makes most of his living that way. enters tournaments and everything. i gotta say he's pretty good.

have a great weekend.