Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stop It!

Someone had some serious bad mojo on yesterday. Or, you really didn’t mean the good luck wished upon me. I may have to change my last blog where I said I was improving. I didn’t win a single hand last night in the tourney. Well, I didn’t win any hands that called my preflop all in. I entered maybe 5 pots through the first 3 blind levels. I lost all 5 pots. I was missing every single flop. I was also at a super aggressive table. I never saw a flop for the big blind. The absolute worse run of cards/luck/skill every experienced by me at the poker tables. I did push all in twice and got the blinds to fold. Both times, I would have liked the action. Pocket Kings one time and Ace Jack Suited the other. I eventually had enough and was ready to go home. I pushed with 9 6 offsuit for twice the big blind and was called by 2 players. Actually, it was worse than that. I pushed, the guy to my left pushed to isolate and the guy across the table called us both. 1st guy had pocket 8’s and the caller had poker Queens. I came close with pairing my 9 and four flushing.

I must say I saw an incredible sight last night. This guy shows up and is wearing a Saprano’s Bowling polyester shirt (Red and Black), wrap around sun glasses. I peg him for a newbie real quick. I beg for a hand against him. Can you say “donkey”? I knew you could.

First off, the outfit was ridiculous. I can only imagine the things Carmen sees out in Vegas with all the tourist. That’s a photo write-up I would love to see. A sunburned tourist shipping his chips to some rock across the table. Anyway. This guy messes up the deal, he bets/folds out of turn. His first words, after the game got started, was some hand he watched on ESPN about a guy laying down trips. I never got my chance to bust him. Oh it would have felt good. But alas, someone’s bad mojo was all over me.

Stop it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your "Sopranos guy" was still in when I left. So he ended up in the top eight.

"The Rake" said...

I can believe it - he was getting in way behind and hitting.

2xA+r0n said...

Sounds like you need to go Geocaching to restore your chi. Oh, wait, you stink at that too. :P