Sunday, August 12, 2007

Laziness / blissfull

Is it my laziness in not blogging or is it the blissfulness of life in general? Maybe both. The last part of the week was fairly uneventful.

With Little One starting school and all the homework she has, my evenings have been fairly full. I have been pretty busy at work also. My mind is very tired by the end of the day. That's my excuse for not blogging.

However, I have a little time now on Sunday evening to sit and fill in the gaps since the last blog.

Friday evening our family took the evening to enjoy a night out on the town. We started off by eating at Texas Roadhouse. My wife had the chicken salad and I had the sirlon steak. Little One ate a cheesebuger. I love that place. I always get my fill of a good dinner.

Next on the list was a trip to the bowling alley. We took to the lanes and busted out a good game for the three of us. On my wife's first bowl, she broke her thumb nail. She hung on for a couple more frames and then Little One took over bowling for her. The bumpers were up for Little One's turn but not for her mom's. With the bumpers up, she rolled it right down the middle. With the bumpers down, she would bowl straight to the gutter.

With the exception of a few open frames in the middle, I closed with a strike in the ninth and two of the first three in the 10th.

Saturday, we slept in and took advantage of the pool later in the afternoon. We closed the evening down with some chicken fingers and a movie.

No poker lately. I guess I am still trying to adjust to this new schedule. I am sure I will get things worked out and get back to the tables soon.

4 comments:

butterflygirl said...

It's been a while since we have been bowling-how fun!

One Scrappy Gal said...

I want to take my little ones bowling... and have the bumpers up for all our turns. You know...so the kids don't feel bad because they have it and their mommy doesn't. Yeah.. that's it. Not because I stink at it or anything... la la la....

Kate said...

that's like the perfect vacation for me!

lightning36 said...

Do life without poker really does exist?

Cute pictures of your daughter. I have fond memories of my two girls when they lost their two front teeth.