Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Backpacking Europe - 2012



I have the okay from the wife.
Next up - scheduling and get approval from work (should be okay).

Since this will be a solo trip, I am leaning towards making this an Eastern Europe trip. I find the culture and places of Eastern Europe more attractive than those of Western Europe. Also, it leaves the newness of going to Western Europe if the wife and daughter ever want to go.

I have long desired to visit Prague. That is a definite on my list. Combine that with limited time - tells me I need to stick to Eastern Europe.

My first pass at a possible route with more cities/places than I can visit is:

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Zuric, Bratislave, Belgrade, Budapest, Venice, Rome. I would need 30+ days to slowly enjoy those places. I will probably be limited to 16 days. So, that list will probably be limit in a big way.

I need suggestions people......

Good Hostels (clean)
Excellent small pubs/diners
local spots that shows off the areas culture


Soon.... Rakethetable will leave the continent.

1 comment:

Grumps and Granna said...

Woohoo! It sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. I know you will be excited in the days to come just researching and planning the event. As for me...I like the American soil under my feet.